At Premier Dentistry, we go above and beyond CDC/ADA infection control guidelines and continue our standard precautions and infection control procedures in our Chicago, IL dental office. We maintain and sanitize our equipment and exam rooms between each patient visit. Our team also incorporates frequent disinfecting of high-touch surfaces. Dr. Nechama Brand and Dr. Abraham Stein are dedicated to the safety of their patients and staff, which is why they use PPE and the latest methods of infection control in-office. Learn more below about how we’re making Premier Dentistry safe for everyone:
PPE and Appointments
By wearing PPE such as masks and face shields, our dental staff prevents infection from being transmitted by sneezing, coughing, or speaking. At your next appointment to our Chicago, IL dental office, you will experience additional infection control protocols that we have implemented.
When you arrive at your dental appointment, please remain in your car and call our office. We ask that you wear a mask in the building and use the provided hand sanitizer. Our front desk staff will ask you screening questions about your health and take your temperature. Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients, which means there will be fewer appointment slots.
Tips for Patients
- All patients should bring a mask or facial covering to wear into the building and at all times when in our office. These coverings should only be removed for actual dental treatment procedures, x-rays, and cleanings.
- No visitors are allowed in the office. We will make exceptions for medically necessary assistance. Any companion must also answer the screening questions and have their temperature monitored on arrival.
- If you are experiencing fever, cough, or shortness of breath (or if you have been in contact with anyone who may possibly have a known exposure to COVID-19), please call to reschedule your appointment.
COVID-19 Protocols: What to Expect
You will notice some new changes in our office from the time you enter the waiting room, all of which are designed and in place to protect you and our staff from the spread of infection:
- Appointments will be scheduled to allow for fewer people in the office and allow extra time for thorough disinfection between patients. This will also be an ongoing process in all office areas daily.
- All patients will have their temperature and pulse ox taken upon arrival and be asked to complete a brief screening questionnaire. This avoids possible contamination if someone is otherwise asymptomatic.
- Hand sanitizer will be used by all patients upon entering the office. Patients will also be asked to wash their hands before being treated.
- Face masks are to be worn when not being treated in the office.
- All staff will be wearing appropriate PPE at all times.
ADS Extraoral Dental Suction Systems
Dry Shield and ADS Extraoral Dental Suction Systems are used when treating patients to reduce or eliminate the transmission of aerosol particles when performing dental procedures. This type of technology is important for the prevention of airborne pathogens such as the COVID-19 virus.
Surgically Clean Air Jade filtration devices are set up in each room in our dental office. These devices consist of HEPA filtration and UV-C light to destroy all viruses and bacteria. Surgically Clean Air’s purifiers use multi-stage air purifying technologies that work together to clean, purify, and re-energize the indoor air. The six-stage filtration system captures:
- Dust particles
- Volatile organic chemicals (VOCs)
- Odors (like formaldehyde and smoke)
Air filtration devices filter out these particles as well as many other pollutants that are found in the inside air in workplaces. The negative ion generator used to filter air makes our offices air feel more pure, clean and energized to help combat fatigue. For an air purifier to deliver its benefits throughout the indoor space it needs to move large volumes of air through its filtration system effectively without impacting those people that are closest to it or being too loud.
We look forward to seeing you again and would be glad to answer any questions about our procedures. To schedule an appointment at Premier Dentistry, please call our office at 312-586-8596. You may also request a consultation online with Dr. Brand or Dr. Stein.