Do you suffer from dental fear and anxiety? If you have had a negative past experience at the dentist or have a generalized fear, Dr. Nechama Brand and Dr. Abraham Stein will help you find a solution. At Premier Dental in Chicago, IL, we are passionate about providing comfortable dental treatment to our patients. Our compassionate dentists work with patients one-on-one through every step of the treatment process so that they feel confident in our services.
We also offer dental sedation for patients who require routine checkups or dental procedures. Patients who do not suffer from dental fear or anxiety also benefit from sedation dentistry. Learn more about this general dental solution below.
Benefits of Sedation Dentistry
Dental sedation offers multiple benefits to our patients. Sedation dentistry:
- Provide pain-free dental care
- Give patients anxiety-relief
- Allows dentists to work more efficiently
- Reduces the patient gag reflex
- Cause anterograde amnesia (the patient doesn’t remember treatment)
Sedation dentistry also benefits patients with these conditions:
- Patients with dental fear
- Patients with a low tolerance for pain
- Those who have a phobia of needles, blood, or loud noises
- Patients who have dental anxiety
- Those who need multiple dental treatments in one visit
- Patients with disabilities or movement disorder
- Special needs patients
- Those with a poor gag reflex
Types of Sedation Dentistry
Nitrous Oxide: Also known as laughing gas, nitrous oxide is administered through a nasal mask and takes effect immediately. With this sedation method, patients are conscious but remain fully relaxed. Following their dental appointment, patients can resume their normal activities.
Oral Conscious Sedation: This type of sedation method is administered through a pill, and is taken about an hour prior to treatment. Patients will often remain conscious during their procedure but have little to no memory of their treatment. Patients who undergo oral conscious sedation require transportation to and from their appointment.
If you or a family member have any of these conditions and would like to try dental sedation, don’t hesitate to call our Chicago, IL dentist office at 312-481-6859. You may also schedule an appointment online with Dr. Brand or Dr. Stein for a full consultation.